Positivity & Support for Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual people
So here’s a bit about us.
We are a group of lesbians, gay men and bisexuals who, by and large, have spent our entire lives campaigning for equality for people with same-sex sexual orientation. Among our ranks are doctors, academics, psychiatrists and lawyers with expertise in safeguarding.
We’ve celebrated wildly at the great strides made by our movement over the decades and we’re delighted that the UK today is mostly a great place for LGB people, to live, work and love.
We have come together now because we believe our hard-won victories are under threat.
We believe that biological sex is observed at birth and not assigned. In our view, current gender ideologies are pseudo-scientific and present a threat to people whose sexual orientation is towards the same sex, or to both sexes. In addition, we believe that these ideologies are confusing and dangerous to children.
1. To advance the interests of lesbians, gay men and bisexuals at a time when we are under threat from concerted attempts to introduce confusion between biological sex and the notion of gender.
2. To amplify the voices of lesbians and to highlight the dual discrimination we experience as women who are same-sex attracted in a male-dominated society. We support women’s reproductive rights and bodily autonomy.
3. To protect children and young people from being taught unscientific gender doctrines, particularly the idea that they may have been born in the wrong body, which may lead to life-changing and potentially harmful medical procedures.
4.To promote respectful freedom of speech and informed dialogue.
1. We are here to let LGB people of all ages and from all backgrounds know that we will always stand up for the right to live as same-sex attracted people without discrimination or disadvantage.
2. We are here to make sure that the voices of lesbians, gay men and bisexuals are heard in all public and political discussions affecting our lives.
3. We stand with lesbians in rejecting pressure to accept as sexual partners males who define themselves as women on the basis of gender.
4. We uphold the definition of homosexuality as sexual orientation towards people of the same sex; and of bisexuality as sexual orientation towards people of either sex.
5. We accept the biological reality of two sexes – female and male. Sex is not “assigned”. For the vast majority of people, sex is determined at conception, observed in the womb and/or at birth, and recorded. We reject the co-opting of rare medical conditions that affect reproductive development or function (known as DSDs/intersex) in order to cast doubt on the biological reality of sexual dimorphism, i.e. two sexes.
6. We maintain that gender is a social construct which is used to impose often harmful and outdated stereotypes.
7. We oppose the teaching in schools that everyone has an innate “gender identity”. This is not factual but an unproven and unscientific belief.
Code of Conduct
- We are a proactive group focused on achieving our goals.
- We are non-party political.
- Our communications to the public will be fact-based, civil and positive.
- We will discuss, propose, and oppose ideas and will not attack individuals.
- Although most of the founding supporters of the LGB Alliance are on the left of the political spectrum, parts of the left have shamefully abandoned any commitment to women’s rights and the rights of people who define themselves in terms of same-sex sexual orientation. We therefore choose to engage with many organisations and publications of diverse kinds. However, we will not forge links with, or accept funding from, any organisation that does not share our values or whose aims we consider to be fundamentally hostile to the rights of lesbians, gay men and bisexuals, or that seeks to undermine women’s reproductive rights.
Finally! Someone speaking out for Women! A voice in the crowd,